Thursday, June 11, 2009

CHERRY

Yamanashi is a kingdom of fruits. Grapes, peaches, Japanese persimmons...etc. In these fruits of Yamanashi, cherries have the earliest harvest period. Every year, they are picked from early June.

My friend who is a fruit farmer in Minami-Alps city sent the cherries in below picture to me today.


This year's cherries are very sweet & juicy. I would like you to eat the cherries in Yamanashi. There are a lot of farms which have U-Pick sweet cherries in Yamanashi. Please come to Yamanashi!

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Kofu for about 8 months 20 years ago. I love Yamanashi and plan to visit later this year when I move to Tokyo. I vividly remember riding my bike through the vineyards and tasting those wonderful, giant, Yamanashi grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love the photos on your blog. I've never been to Yamanashi but I have heard there are many fruit-related events there. I recently discovered this info on grape picking.

    http://www.japan-i.jp/japannow/d8jk7l000000v2qa.html

    Can you tell me if there is something similar for cherries or other fruit?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete